Nissan Titan Forums

Affiliate Site : Nissan Frontier Forums
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Sponsored Links

Problems / Technical
 Nissan Titan Forums : Problems / Technical
Subject Topic: Did they Fix the problems for 2005? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Titan Power
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Mar 28 2005 at 7:24pm | IP Logged Quote Titan Power

Boss, watch out for the spray in bed liner, my 05 4x4 KC XE has one and if you are lookig from the rear towards the cab where the liner meets the top rail the line is running down hill showing about a 1/2" of the steal, I took it back to my local dealer, they sent pic's to Nissan CORP., they said at this time there is no fix for this problem due to the fact dealers are not set up for spray in liners, I told him that was not exceptible and now I am dealing with Nissan Corp. my self. Also I have gray like splotches in the bed it looks like some body sprayed gray primer 2"O.D. One other thing to all that read's get in your bed and look at the top of the cab where the side skins were welded to the top, mine had ripples where the sealent was not smoothed or not sanded before painted, I made them sand and repaint mine, it looks 90% better.

Kajun

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Apr 03 2005 at 1:58pm | IP Logged Quote Kajun

Although mines has only 4, 000 miles on it, my co-worker has one with over 10,000 (both '05, his bought end of last year, mine a couple of months ago.) and as far as I've heard, neither of us have brake problems.

Back to Top View Kajun's Profile Search for other posts by Kajun Visit Kajun's Homepage

wadd

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Apr 03 2005 at 11:45pm | IP Logged Quote wadd

I have an 05 CC off road, it has 12500 km's i work in a very remote northern area of alberta, presently my truck is in the body shop for the next month to get a $30,000.00 fix me job, the tire caught a rut on an ice road doing 60 kph, went right sideways and wouldn't pull out of the slide, ended up tipping, I havn't had any brake problems but it seems hard on fuel (450 km's to a tank), after i tipped, the box ended up with a ding from some cargo and the liner was damaged (chipped off)and has to be redone, I find that the truck has about as much power as my 74 AMC AMX, if your not carefull it will spin at 80 kmh on a snow covered road (too smooth of tire grip). the only real problems i've had is that when i drive through fresh snow the fuel tank vent line plugs off and the service engine light comes on, if it happens it takes about40-60 mins. to fill it up. So far I like  the truck the diff lock up DOES get you out of bad predicaments.

shizod
Groupie
Groupie

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Apr 09 2005 at 5:33am | IP Logged Quote shizod

Titan Power wrote:
     Boss, watch out for the spray in bed liner, my 05 4x4 KC XE has one and if you are lookig from the rear towards the cab where the liner meets the top rail the line is running down hill showing about a 1/2" of the steal

This is why I didn't purchase a Titan with that bed package I noticed it at the dealership, however it looked more like 1 1/2" of metal showing. I did get the dealer to spray a bed liner in for me as part of the deal and kept my price down below invoice as well as a bunch of free extras. My SE has about 2500mi now and so far no problems.

Back to Top View shizod's Profile Search for other posts by shizod

curbman

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Apr 22 2005 at 1:01am | IP Logged Quote curbman

The problem has not been fixed. They now have new rotors but not on the new trucks. We are all being robbed. Nissan does not have the ba_ _s to make it a FORMAL RECALL. THEY ONLY CALL IT A CAMPAIGN

TRDonahue

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Apr 25 2005 at 5:22pm | IP Logged Quote TRDonahue

I had my brakes redone per the recall and the now familiar brake shimmy.  Since then, I have not had an issue.  The dealer told me that they used different pads and turned the rotors and resurfaced them.  The only issue now is an insane amount of break dust ... its nuts.  Its more than these old pads I had on this suped up BMW I used to own.

As far as everything else ... I do notice that "respirator" sound in the cab.  Has there been a fix for that?

Cheers!

Back to Top View TRDonahue's Profile Search for other posts by TRDonahue

harleytitan

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Apr 25 2005 at 8:41pm | IP Logged Quote harleytitan

i just traded my 04 for an 05 titan and i love it no problems on either of the brakes yet my 05 is about 2 1/2 weeks old and i love it..i hope it doesn't have problems my dodge dakota had issues with the brakes i had to change the roters 2 times and i never had any issues before that truck.

dboysb

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: May 22 2005 at 12:32am | IP Logged Quote dboysb

i've had my 05 SE king cab for about 3 months and will be taking it in on tuesday 2 get the rotors and brakes replaced. it started at about 3000 miles, my steering wheel would shake whenever i was braking. it got real bad the last couple weeks. hopefully everything will turn out fine after tuesday. other than that i love the  truck.
Back to Top View dboysb's Profile Search for other posts by dboysb

=Viper=

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: May 25 2005 at 10:16pm | IP Logged Quote =Viper=

ok im an infiniti tech and i have an 05' titan with around 600 miles and no brake shake yet, but i know on our 05' QX56 the brake problem is not fixed yet. but i have noticed my truck has what we call a metal shim kit on the pads witch the 04' titan does not have. so lets cross our fingers and ill keep you allposted.
Back to Top View =Viper='s Profile Search for other posts by =Viper=

marcusfield
Groupie
Groupie

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Jun 19 2005 at 8:05pm | IP Logged Quote marcusfield

05 cc titan without a problem.  only 2200 miles though.

<< Prev Page of 3 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version