Nissan Titan Forums

Affiliate Site : Nissan Frontier Forums
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Sponsored Links

Problems / Technical
 Nissan Titan Forums : Problems / Technical
Subject Topic: Brake Issues Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
scooter
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Mar 06 2005 at 5:24pm | IP Logged Quote scooter

Thanks Cronus. Actually my dealer has been excellent. Needless to say, we are on a first name basis. They have even tried to give me inside info whenever they can. The trouble is Nissan Corporate they are very evasive, understandably so, since their butts are in a sling. After several calls I became frustrated (especially after being told that the problem was "we didn't expect the truck to be so powerful and we underestimated the brakes" and asked if I could talk to someone in upper mangement and was, on several occasions told to reffer to my supplimentary owners manual. Since then it has been a nightmare. Hopefully I will have a date for arbitration soon and this will all be over with.

Cronus
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Nissan Titan Forums Moderator

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Mar 06 2005 at 7:31pm | IP Logged Quote Cronus

Sorry to hear you have to go through so much. Good luck! Keep us posted on the progress.

My Titan @ SLLAR.com
Back to Top View Cronus's Profile Search for other posts by Cronus Visit Cronus's Homepage

motocruiserbill

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Mar 06 2005 at 8:46pm | IP Logged Quote motocruiserbill

Hello All! I just did a night drop at the dealer, on my 04 crew cab. 3,300 miles and the pedal feels spongy. Also, i started to feel some vibration in the brakes.
Back to Top View motocruiserbill's Profile Search for other posts by motocruiserbill

scooter
Groupie
Groupie

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Mar 06 2005 at 9:02pm | IP Logged Quote scooter

Does your brake pedal go all the way to the floor when you come to a stop? Mine just started doing that last week.

RICK

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Mar 07 2005 at 7:47am | IP Logged Quote RICK

i have alittle over 15k on the speedo and my brakes started around 11k. took it in,replaced pads, turned rotors and hardware kit. after about 1k no problems. i guess im one of the lucky ones that is the only problem i have had with truck. only time will tell.

motocruiserbill

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Mar 07 2005 at 8:52pm | IP Logged Quote motocruiserbill

Yes, My pedal was going near the floor. I got it back tonight, feels great! This is only a temporary fix though. Everyone will get a new set of rotors whnever they come out. The service department at Sheehy Nissan, in Glen Burnie, Md is very good to me. NO BULL from them!
Back to Top View motocruiserbill's Profile Search for other posts by motocruiserbill

shakiralvr

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Mar 12 2005 at 11:52pm | IP Logged Quote shakiralvr

I have 13K on my Titan and have just developed the worst case of the shakes when I apply my brakes at any speed.  Will be going BACK to the dealer AGAIN.  The dealer visits are getting really old now.  I think Nissan has built one piece of crap truck!

scooter
Groupie
Groupie

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Mar 13 2005 at 10:15pm | IP Logged Quote scooter

Just an up-date. My arbitration hearing is Tuesday. I have been spending the day collecting info from the internet to go along with all my other documentation. I urge every one who is having the brake issue to check out the NHTSA website. There is a section for filing complaints. The more people tht let them know about the issue the less likely one of us will be killed or seriously injured in the future due to Nissans lack of concern. Wish me luck! I'll keep you guy's posted on the outcome.

www.nhtsa.dot.gov

Gwhizz

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Mar 14 2005 at 12:21am | IP Logged Quote Gwhizz

I had my brakes services on 3/11/05 after 7000 miles because the vehicle vibrated everytime the brakes were applied.  The Service Writer stated that Nissan was in the middle of a major recall on the brakes around June.  They turned my rotors, installed the fix it kit for calipers, and new pads.  It works great now - but for how long?  I did go on-line and put in a complaint with NHTSA.

Cronus
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Nissan Titan Forums Moderator

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Mar 15 2005 at 9:41am | IP Logged Quote Cronus

scooter wrote:

Just an up-date. My arbitration hearing is Tuesday. I have been spending the day collecting info from the internet to go along with all my other documentation. I urge every one who is having the brake issue to check out the NHTSA website. There is a section for filing complaints. The more people tht let them know about the issue the less likely one of us will be killed or seriously injured in the future due to Nissans lack of concern. Wish me luck! I'll keep you guy's posted on the outcome.
www.nhtsa.dot.gov

Scooter, Thanks for the update.

Gwhizz wrote:

The Service Writer stated that Nissan was in the middle of a major recall on the brakes around June.

Has anyone else heard anything about a recall on the brakes other than Gwhizz from Nissan, their dealer or just hearsay?

My Titan @ SLLAR.com
Back to Top View Cronus's Profile Search for other posts by Cronus Visit Cronus's Homepage

<< Prev Page of 26 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version