Nissan Titan Forums

Affiliate Site : Nissan Frontier Forums
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Sponsored Links

Problems / Technical
 Nissan Titan Forums : Problems / Technical
Subject Topic: Brake Issues Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
akTitan

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Feb 19 2006 at 6:12pm | IP Logged Quote akTitan

i had a pulsation problem with my brake at 1800 miles. i work at a shop so i just resurfaced the rotors my problem went away for so long only now at 11000 its starting to come back. i live in alaska so i had my tires changed out to studded down sized tires at 3000 miles. when i changed my tires back to stock 285/70r17 it started to pulsate again.

might just be the big tires causing the rotor brake problem???

Back to Top View akTitan's Profile Search for other posts by akTitan

crundell
Groupie
Groupie

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Feb 19 2006 at 11:19pm | IP Logged Quote crundell

akTitan wrote:

i had a pulsation problem with my brake at 1800 miles. i work at a shop so i just resurfaced the rotors my problem went away for so long only now at 11000 its starting to come back. i live in alaska so i had my tires changed out to studded down sized tires at 3000 miles. when i changed my tires back to stock 285/70r17 it started to pulsate again.

might just be the big tires causing the rotor brake problem???

Definitely not a rotor, tire, or wheel bearing problem.  I haven't made it to the dealership yet, but the problem is very similar to what I'd expect would occur if the brake fluid reservoir was low,,,,but its not.  When it occurs, the pedal depresses further than normal, pulsates slightly, and I can hear the anti-lock cutting in.  The actual braking action is reduced as well.  Any other ideas?  I suppose I just need to get it to the shop before it causes me to smack something harder than my truck, Eh?

Back to Top View crundell's Profile Search for other posts by crundell

noel55

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Feb 20 2006 at 8:20am | IP Logged Quote noel55

The fix is and has been out for the rotors, get to the dealeship and get it fixed i got mine done at 17000 miles after four stops to the dealership I now have 40000 miles on the truck and no problems since the  fix.
Back to Top View noel55's Profile Search for other posts by noel55

TITAN326326

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Mar 01 2006 at 11:58pm | IP Logged Quote TITAN326326

Hello guys,

I'm the new guy on the block.  I have not as yet bought a Titan but would like to in the Spring if possible.  I've purposely waitied until the 2006's come out knowing that with most car manufactures it's not a good idea to buy the first new style that comes out.  Since the 2004 Titan was the first Titan that came out, I would expect problems especially since its a truck.   Not that waiting prevents all problems, but it sure narrows the problems considerably.  Kowning the TITAN 4X4 Crew Cab gets poor milege, I still plan on buying this NISSAN Truck.  But is there anyway to improve mileage besides the traditional advise like proper air in the tires (what is the max air pressure in the 17" tires anyway?), keeping a steady pace etc.  We use Mobil 1 in one of our Avalon, anyone think Mobil 1 would improve the MPG on the TITAN. 

Top-Line-FRP

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Mar 05 2006 at 1:54pm | IP Logged Quote Top-Line-FRP

Mine got the judders with under 4K...I called the dealership and had a loaner and new brakes by the afternoon....it's a warranty fix.

TITAN326326

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Mar 05 2006 at 2:30pm | IP Logged Quote TITAN326326

There have been problems with the 04 & 05 Titans' Rotors.  They were too thin.   But I think it was June of 06 they rectified the problem and since then there hasn't been a problem.  Is your Titan an 05?, if you find out the date of manufacture it might have been with the rotors.  I doubt its the tires causing the problem but what do the rest of you guys think? 
I have not actully bought a Titan yet, but plan to at some point, just waiting to afford one.   

Leytdog

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: May 24 2006 at 3:04am | IP Logged Quote Leytdog

Hi everybody I have a 04 Titan bought it in dec, 04 brand new. At 3000 miles my brakes gave me the shakes, they changed the brake rotors and pads, again at 7000 miles same thing shakes again, this time they cut it, 8000 miles one more time in the shop this time they put on the new brake system, it held out for 9500 miles. Now its back to the drawing board. Also the icing on the cake at 16500 miles my rear axle completly broke. Now people tell me is this a lemon or what?
Back to Top View Leytdog's Profile Search for other posts by Leytdog

noel55

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: May 24 2006 at 7:24am | IP Logged Quote noel55

Sorry to here  I had 4 trips to the shop in 17000 miles for my brakes tehn got the final fix and now have 46000 miles on the truck on that last fix at 17000 so i am more than pleased.  Still some minor issues wiuth the Truck like crappy paint, crappy dash plastic but i am very happy with my gas guzzler
Back to Top View noel55's Profile Search for other posts by noel55

brh31

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: May 24 2006 at 6:07pm | IP Logged Quote brh31

Brand new to this. This forum is great;

Looks like I just had the problem for the first time 2 hours ago. Shuddering when brakes are applied, but pedal feels the same.

Mine was bought in June '04 and has 12,500 miles on it. Guess I'm lucky it held out this long.

I'm worried about this truck though. I don't see how I can have time to bring it to a local dealer (bought it on cars direct) - I hope they can take care of it quickly.

I heard warranty mentioned here; is that the extended warranty or a regular warranty?

Thanks

Back to Top View brh31's Profile Search for other posts by brh31

earlofcrankcase

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: May 25 2006 at 12:29am | IP Logged Quote earlofcrankcase

F Nissan.

Been riding with fag brakes for 5 months now.

Last time I had time to take it in they gave me. The bs bandaid pucks & rotor turn. Going back before the warrenty is out. Then getting ride of this.

Thought I could roll with a full sized **** truck. Guess not. 

Already wasted the money. Don't wan't to waste more time on top of it so F this. 

silver 04 le $20,000.00 20K

Take me of the Email list Too sweets. 

<< Prev Page of 26 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version