Nissan Titan Forums

Affiliate Site : Nissan Frontier Forums
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Sponsored Links

Problems / Technical
 Nissan Titan Forums : Problems / Technical
Subject Topic: Brake Issues Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
eurohazard

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: May 28 2006 at 3:17am | IP Logged Quote eurohazard

"**** truck" Earl?  You're a retard.
Back to Top View eurohazard's Profile Search for other posts by eurohazard

MJ-SEFL

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jun 06 2006 at 1:09am | IP Logged Quote MJ-SEFL

Just wanted to report that I'm on my 2nd set of front rotors with the back brakes getting a quick polish. Same problem, front vibration when braking from 70 to 50, etc.  Since Nissan has taken the position that they will replace the brakes during the first 3 yrs., I suggest everyone complain to avoid the shock of paying for their bad rotors.   The first replacement was at 12,000 and this latest adventure was at 26,500. I really think we should all write to Nissan and demand they provide larger, more reliable rotors for this truck!!

Kamran

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Jun 19 2006 at 8:09pm | IP Logged Quote Kamran

noticed the wheel shake a couple of days ago on my CC 05 @12100 miles. The dealer said immediately that they would apply the "fix". (boardwalk dealer in the bay area, CA) I got my truck back in 4 hours. The brake feels definitely better and more solid than before. Hopefully it lasts a long time.
Back to Top View Kamran's Profile Search for other posts by Kamran

crundell
Groupie
Groupie

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jun 19 2006 at 9:00pm | IP Logged Quote crundell

noel55 wrote:
The fix is and has been out for the rotors, get to the dealeship and get it fixed i got mine done at 17000 miles after four stops to the dealership I now have 40000 miles on the truck and no problems since the  fix.

Look guys, I need some input about a brake issue and please have an open mind.  Stop thinking "warped rotors or anything mechanical".  I"m driving down the road and appy the brakes when I feel the pedal pulsating (not like a warped rotor).  I can HEAR the antilock kicking in and out.  I feel that if I pressed harder on the pedal, that the anti-lock would really kick in and slam on the brakes hard.  When this occurs, the brake light on the dash illuminates (in my opinion, it is displaying that there is a brake problem).  The truck will continue to have this problem as long as I don't turn the key off. If I turn off the ignition and re-start, the system resets and the problem completely goes away and the brake light goes off.  THIS IS NOT A MECHANICAL PROBLEM.  Please let me know if any of you have had this EXACT PROBLEM.  Don't assume this is the same old brake rotor problem.  I KNOW what warped rotors feel like..... This AIN'T it.

Back to Top View crundell's Profile Search for other posts by crundell

crundell
Groupie
Groupie

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jun 19 2006 at 9:02pm | IP Logged Quote crundell

By the way, I already have the latest and greatest brake assemblies from Nissan.
Back to Top View crundell's Profile Search for other posts by crundell

TITAN326326

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jun 19 2006 at 10:14pm | IP Logged Quote TITAN326326

MJ-SEFL wrote:

Just wanted to report that I'm on my 2nd set of front rotors with the back brakes getting a quick polish. Same problem, front vibration when braking from 70 to 50, etc.  Since Nissan has taken the position that they will replace the brakes during the first 3 yrs., I suggest everyone complain to avoid the shock of paying for their bad rotors.   The first replacement was at 12,000 and this latest adventure was at 26,500. I really think we should all write to Nissan and demand they provide larger, more reliable rotors for this truck!!

What year is your Titan??  I know there are usually problems with new vehicles for the first 1-2 years, with some exceptions of course.   As far as I know, the 2005 and 2006 Titans no longer have a problem with the rotars/brakes.  There could be exceptions to this too; if any of you have had problems with the 2005 or 2006 Tians, I'd like to know.  

noel55

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jun 20 2006 at 7:10am | IP Logged Quote noel55

crundell sorry if i misread your info.  I never heard of your issue and i wouldn't mess around with it get it to a garage you trust have them do a look over or look for TSB on the issue.  Good Luck
Back to Top View noel55's Profile Search for other posts by noel55

miserytom

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jun 20 2006 at 12:04pm | IP Logged Quote miserytom

there is a TSB on the brakes, larger rotors and better pads have been put out by nissan, see ur dealer

miserytom

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Jun 20 2006 at 12:06pm | IP Logged Quote miserytom

crundell wrote:

noel55 wrote:
The fix is and has been out for the rotors, get to the dealeship and get it fixed i got mine done at 17000 miles after four stops to the dealership I now have 40000 miles on the truck and no problems since the  fix.

Look guys, I need some input about a brake issue and please have an open mind.  Stop thinking "warped rotors or anything mechanical".  I"m driving down the road and appy the brakes when I feel the pedal pulsating (not like a warped rotor).  I can HEAR the antilock kicking in and out.  I feel that if I pressed harder on the pedal, that the anti-lock would really kick in and slam on the brakes hard.  When this occurs, the brake light on the dash illuminates (in my opinion, it is displaying that there is a brake problem).  The truck will continue to have this problem as long as I don't turn the key off. If I turn off the ignition and re-start, the system resets and the problem completely goes away and the brake light goes off.  THIS IS NOT A MECHANICAL PROBLEM.  Please let me know if any of you have had this EXACT PROBLEM.  Don't assume this is the same old brake rotor problem.  I KNOW what warped rotors feel like..... This AIN'T it.

i have seen a few ABS sensors going bad here and there, and even an ABS actuator, u should see your dealer about it and get on there ass to fix it

h46crewchf

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Aug 17 2006 at 10:54am | IP Logged Quote h46crewchf

I've got an 06 4x2 KC SE with big tow and after about 300 miles on the odometer I started feeling the pedal and steering wheel had a slight vibration. I am sitting in the dealership as I type for them to fix it (laptop with air card, gotta love it!). I now have 1150 miles on it. I will post an update again later.

<< Prev Page of 26 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version