Nissan Titan Forums

Affiliate Site : Nissan Frontier Forums
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp  Photo GalleryPhoto Gallery
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Sponsored Links

Problems / Technical
 Nissan Titan Forums : Problems / Technical
Subject Topic: Brake Issues Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
shogun_316

Online Status: Offline

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Apr 05 2005 at 8:45pm | IP Logged Quote shogun_316

Don't wait to take it in if you can go without the truck while it's being repaired.  There is no guarantee that Nissan will have the parts when they say they will.  They may come up with some type of "unforseen manufacturers delay" that pushes things back another couple of months.  Better yet, make them give you a loaner car for the day.  They have basically admitted it's a know problem they can't fix right now, but you shouldn't have to put up with the shaking brakes until the parts are in.
Back to Top View shogun_316's Profile Search for other posts by shogun_316

TitanNick

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Apr 06 2005 at 10:20am | IP Logged Quote TitanNick

Thanks Shogun,  I just called another Nissan Dealer and made an appointment to have the brake rotors repassed and we will have to wait until the new brake parts are in stock I guess. I don't think I will be going back to that dealer after his answer... "Keep driving until the new parts arrive!"

Back to Top View TitanNick's Profile Search for other posts by TitanNick

Todd TCE

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Apr 07 2005 at 10:15pm | IP Logged Quote Todd TCE

I've dealt with this for the past eight months now. I'm tired of it. The shaking was minor at first and now of course severe. All due to pad transfer for sure. Still at 14k I'm done.

I'll have the mess resolved in the next two weeks. For good. Stay tuned.

cpconst

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Apr 08 2005 at 5:28pm | IP Logged Quote cpconst

Just after 8000mi.  I'm starting to shimmmmmmmy.  Called dealer to hear their reply:  1st call nissan motor corporation and report the problem to them (to which I'm thinking to myself, why do I have to call Nissan to report the problem? I thought that is the dealers responsibility to fix the problem?  2nd, bring the truck in so we can turn your rotors and replace pins.  To this I say: By turning the rotors you are just decreasing the heat dissipation and reducing the strength of the rotor which will only cause them to warp in less time than the first time. Reply from service manager:  Bring the truck back in and we will turn the rotors again. Well I had to look at my truck and make sure it didn't say TURNUP DELIVERY on it anywhere because he must have thought I just fell out of it! funny line right?  So I say: "what happens when it does it again?" Just bring it back in and if it is below minimum thickness we will order you the rotors that have been "re-engineered" for the Titan.  My reply: "so Nissan admits there's a problem with the rotors and they have a fix that will last?"  Yes he says. I say look, I don't have time to take the truck in once to get this fixed, let alone 4+ times, and why is Nissan paying dealers to go through all this bull#@$# time and time again when they can fix it right once?  Apparently the new rotors are in short supply and they are replacing them on a basis that is convienient to them he guesses.

Later that day I received a call from a very nice lady at  Nissan Corp and she let me know that there are many, many other customers with the same problem and they will be taken care of asap.  She let me know that dealers are receiving the updated rotors in direct relation to the amount of Titan's they sell.  Which means if your dealer sells many Titan's you should be in good shape and visa-versa. 

So I guess I'll have to live with the smimmmmmmy and vibbrrattion until their supply meets demand.  Good luck to all you other loyal Titan fans and just grip the wheel tite when you brake! 

Back to Top View cpconst's Profile Search for other posts by cpconst

chokoy

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Apr 11 2005 at 10:56am | IP Logged Quote chokoy

im having the same problem too. i have 2000miles on my titan and when i apply the brakes, the steering wheel shakes. can we not pressure nissan to have a recall on their brakes? or are they waiting for accidents to happen to issue a recall?
Back to Top View chokoy's Profile Search for other posts by chokoy

chokoy

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Apr 11 2005 at 10:59am | IP Logged Quote chokoy

is it best to bring it to the dealer where i got it or to a dealer near to my place? am i going to dish out cash (labor) or is it all covered?

toni

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Apr 11 2005 at 9:20pm | IP Logged Quote toni

I have been having the same trouble with my '04 Titan. Thursday I take it back in to have the quick fick done on the pads. And was told that a permanent fix could happen in June or July. I have also had other trouble. I dont have the time to be taking the truck in and sitting at the service department all day. It's definately getting old. I want to know if they are waiting on a couple of serious accidents and law suites to happen before they start getting down to business. I really love the looks of my big, bad, black Titan but at what risk??????????

Toni Harrison

Alton, Illinois

Back to Top View toni's Profile Search for other posts by toni

chokoy

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery
Posted: Apr 12 2005 at 7:35am | IP Logged Quote chokoy

i had my brakes checked last month coz the pedal went all the way down. its a good thing i was in the driveway when it happened. dealer checked the system and found nothing. whenever i apply on the brakes my steering wheel seems to shake a lot. must be the pads.. i dont know?

Okilany

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Apr 13 2005 at 3:22pm | IP Logged Quote Okilany

Hi, I had my Rotors, Pads, etc... replaced for 3 weeks on my Titan and evrithing seems good so far. However, my Armada, has to wait now they are claming theyt dont have the parts availeble..... I hope this gets resolved quick.....

Back to Top View Okilany's Profile Search for other posts by Okilany

edjumacatedman

Member's Gallery:
View Gallery

Posted: Apr 14 2005 at 8:54am | IP Logged Quote edjumacatedman

Well, I have had my Titan for just about 6 months with almost 11k miles on it. I have not noticed the shaking of the steering wheel but the brakes did have a bad vibration around 8.5k miles. The Nissan in LA where helpful, but up here in Wa, they told me to wait to when it gets bad or if I feel the brakes slipping. No joke, I was told that there were no rotors, all on back order for this particular dealarship in Wa. Probably a bunch of bs. The other thing that I am not so crazy about is when I am driving on the freeway's in which that it is paved in cement, that whole truck vibrates so badly. Yet on asphalt, it is a very smooth ride. Any suggestions for fixing that up? A little embarrassing, it's just by buddies Dodge 1500 does not do that. Is it the shocks in the back? I was told To maybe change mine out for different ones. I dunno. I love my truck, it's badass, but for mpg, I have yet to see 19 or 18 or 17.
Back to Top View edjumacatedman's Profile Search for other posts by edjumacatedman

<< Prev Page of 26 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version